Got Questions? We're on it.
Who is Family Health℠?
- After treating the children of North Texas for over 100 years, Children's Health℠ is pleased to expand our range of services. We know making life better for children starts with healthy families. Introducing Family Health, a professional, convenient approach to caring for your entire family from a brand you trust – Children’s Health. Learn more here.
What is Family Health Virtual Visit?
- It’s a more convenient way to see a health care provider. Consults are available from the comfort of your home or virtually anywhere you go.
Why should I use it?
- We understand it can be difficult to see your health care provider quickly, and it’s hard to drop everything to go to an office visit. When you feel sick, it’s important to see a provider face to face as quickly as possible. Our providers can see you right away.
What is the Virtual Visit kiosk?
- Our Virtual Visit Kiosk is outfitted with a full suite of diagnostic equipment for you to be easily evaluated and treated virtually by a health care provider. A medical assistant will be in person at the kiosk to help sanitize the kiosk, create accounts, answer questions and assist with equipment.
What conditions can be treated?
- We can treat a range of common conditions such as allergies; flu; sinusitis; common cold; eye, ear, nose and throat infections; urinary tract infections; cuts; skin infections; burns and rashes.
When can I see a provider on the app?
How do I download the app?
- Search “Family Health Virtual Visit” in the App Store or Google Play, download the app and feel better.
What do I do if I’m having problems signing up and requesting a visit?
- Make sure to read our helpful Family Health Virtual Visit Patient User Guide for tips on setting up your account, troubleshooting and much more.
When should I not use a Virtual Visit?
- If you have a medical emergency, call 911. Virtual Visit is not for serious or life-threatening conditions.
Can a health care provider diagnose my condition through a Virtual Visit?
- Yes. During your consultation, a Virtual Visit provider will determine if a diagnosis is possible or if you need further examination (tests, specialty visit, etc.) just like an in-office visit.
Can my provider prescribe medication over a Virtual Visit?
- Yes. Prescriptions are written at the discretion of your provider. Some medications can’t be prescribed virtually. Prescriptions are based on symptoms and your provider’s ability to evaluate your condition over the web.
What is the cost? Is it covered by insurance?
- If you provide your insurance information, the company will be billed after your visit. The copay or cost will be determined by your insurance. If you do not provide insurance at the time of your Virtual Visit, the cost is $55 and will be collected at the time of your visit.
Is Virtual Visit secure?
- We provide a private, secure, HIPAA-compliant tool that allows you to safely and confidentially consult with a health care provider virtually. Our kiosk also comes complete with noise-canceling features and a sliding privacy door.